Quarx released a new build for Defy and Defy+ yesterday. I am now running on his Defy+ build because camera in it works with regular Motorola Defy’s with a red camera lens.
Now that everyone has a partially working camera, all Defy/Defy+ users should be quite happy.
If you’ve got a Red lens Defy, and want to run Ice Cream Sandwich and have a working camera, follow the steps below.
First, you’ll need some files.
Once you have those files, follow the steps below.
- Clear data/factory reset.
- Flash CM9 kernel.
- Flash Defy+ ICS zip.
- Flash Gapps.
- Flash battery charge fix.
- Wipe cache.
- Wipe dalvik cache.
- Done, reboot.
Some things to keep in mind:
- No Hardware Acceleration (HWA).
- Video playback is extremely slow (unusable really), probably due to no HWA yet.
- Chrome Beta doesn’t work, also due to no HWA.